01-03-2013
Good morning Divers!!!
Welcome those new to our list of local OC divers. Show up for a scheduled dive soon and you will be on your way to some great diving opportunities in our local waters. Welcome aboard.

Current diving conditions in Laguna Beach. I have been waiting to see if the County will lift its rain advisory this AM, so far, nothing, it is still in place as I write this. Watch the moment I send this out, it will get lifted. But the surf could be lower, running 1-3+ feet. I see that San Diego and north of us are getting much larger surf, 5-6+ feet. We are getting our normal protection from Catalina. But it could be lower for better diving access. The viz should be in the 10-12 feet range today. I would say "Thumbs sideways" for diving today. But as I normally say, I would wait for the County to lift the advisory. http://ocbeachinfo.com/

Our plans are for this Saturday. I saw on the weather forecast that there is a possibility of rain on Sunday. So Saturday will be the day to dive, based on that info. We still have one more day, but I want the surf a bit lower and the viz to improve. If you head out, drop me a dive report. Stay tuned.

Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour
http://southcoastdivers.com