Good morning Divers!!!
Current diving conditions in Laguna Beach. I looked at the swell models and I saw they were on the 2 foot scale and I went "Oh-uh..." When I saw the live cams, the biggest sets are indeed breaking at 4 feet this am, so surf is running 1-4 feet today as I write this. As I asked yesterday, is that enough surf to mess up the viz? So today I will estimate the viz at 8-15 feet, choose your dive site carefully, both from an entry/exit and viz perspective. For today, if you are new to beach diving, it may not be the best surf for easy entry/exit, just my opinion there.

Our plans are ON for tomorrow. Site will be determined while we are at the mall. I will send out the group TxtMsg once we are at the dive site. So if we decide to cancel, I will send that out as well. So what are we going to do? Find out tomorrow morning. I expect the surf to be a bit lower tomorrow, 1-3 feet, from the swell forecasts. Viz in the 10-15 feet range. For those who live inland, I would say "Thumbs sideways" as to whether it will be worth your drive into the S OC. But we'll check it out, see you tomorrow.

Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour