Good morning Divers!!!

Max Depth: 48ft
Dive Duration: 26:35
Time in and out: 9:05 − 9:40
Temp: 56 degrees f
Visibility: 10-15 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, moving to high tide, waves, surge.
Dive Buddies: Rich, Drake, and Christian. Total of 13.

It's been a long time that we haven't dove. The south swell kept coming and coming preventing us from diving. At last it stopped and we were able to get
into the water. Although there were some 3-4 foot waves hitting the beach at times.

A few new people and some others that were knew last time joined us at the mall. Since we've been out of the water for some time, Rich decided to go to
Heisler Park. We thought there would be more people, but the turn out remained average.

We arrived and checked out the site and it looked pretty good. So we suited up. Rich was the first into the water and I was one of the last ones. Large surf hit
the beach when I arrived and I had to wait out the surf. When I thought I could get in, I tried with Kristi coming along and we backed out and waited again
for the sets to clear. Sure enough we had our moment to get and this time we succeeded in getting in.

It was a long swim out and Rich was over the main large reef when we arrived at the drop down point. We dropped on down and Kristi didn't have enough
weight and her mask kept flooding. Al went ahead and decided to take her in and I saw another of our divers having troubles. I went over to him and we
both tried descending and he couldn't either. I paired him up with Kristi and Al.

I descended alone and started swimming north which was the direction of the shore. After about 5 minutes, I run into Rich, Drake and Christian and joined
up with them. Rich was heading back to shore at a leisurely pace. The visibility wasn't that good - at times it was only 10 feet but above the thermal-cline, it
was up to 15 feet.

When we got close to shore, Rich accidentally touched a halibut in the sand and it swam away. A few feet further we saw a large bat ray. We ascended when
Christian's tank was below 1000 pounds. His tank became buoyant and was lifting him up to the surface.

When we were exiting the water, Rich saw a bunch of baby leopard sharks swimming out of his way. We went back up to our cars and I dropped my gear and
went back to the shore to make sure the rest of our divers got out ok. Kristi and Al were the last ones. They managed to descend a bit and swim towards

After packing up our gear we headed to Husky Boy's for food and conversation. There was lots to talk about - conditions, equipment and other places to


Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour