Good morning Divers!!!

Begin Time: 9:15am
Finished Time: 10:19am
Time: 42 min
Max Dept: 51ft
Temp: 63 F
Visibility: 20-25 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, high tide, small waves, surge.
Dive Buddies: Paul, the Italians, and Jay. Total 14.

There were 4 new people at the mall and 2 more were going to met us at the beach. Rich had to leave for a trip up north so he only stayed and greeted
everyone. I decided on Deadman's because I really wanted good visibility. So we took off and headed to Crescent Bay.

The conditions looked really good. The sun was shinning, the water calm and only a few good sized waves here and there. We suited up and headed for the

2 others joined us in the water and when we got to the drop down point, the group had drifted to seal rock. I told the group to join us or they would miss the
reef from where they were. I divided up the new people making sure they had someone with experience to lead them. My little group was ready and we

At the bottom, we gathered up and headed towards the reef. To my left I saw some kelp growing in the middle of the sand. It was the end point of dead henge.
I changed course and headed along the line of rocks and kelp and came to the coffin. It's completely covered in sand with a huge kelp growing on top of it. You
can't recognize it. I see a snorkel sticking out from the cement coffin but that was about it.

I decided to follow Rich's path to Deadman's so we swam along the edge being in the middle to the bottom and the top of the reef. We swung around the end
and entered the canyon from the back. We swam into the canyon and passed Dave's sub group. At the end of the canyon, I swung around to the far end and
swam back along the edge back to where the canyon was again. Instead of going into the canyon we swam along the inside edge where we were before. At the
starting point, I checked air and saw it was time to head back in.

We descended to the bottom and swam to the inner reef. We came to the eastern edge of the inner reef and kept the reef to our left and leisurely swam back in
to shore. When we were in 5 feet of water, we ascended. We were surprised to see the area completely fogged in. Within the dive we did, it went from sunny
and clear to foggy.

We packed up our gear and headed over to Husky Boy's for food and conversation. Someone left their wallet and phone there and I tried to find them, but
didn't and returned the phone and wallet to Husky Boy's. Also someone else a few weeks ago left their debit card at Husky Boy's. This might have been from
the time that I missed or a week before that.



Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour