Good morning Divers!!!

Before I begin the dive report, I have a request to start another Rescue class. Rescue class is an import class that teaches you how to help another
diver and to help yourself. You'll get more confidence with your diving skills after this class.

If anyone wants to join this class, email me back and I'll create a list of those that want to do this. We having decided on dates and times yet so it's
pretty open.

Begin Time: 8:57 am
Time: 45 min
Max Dept: 46ft
Temp: 62 F
Visibility: 15-30 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, low tide, south swell waves, surge.
Dive Buddies: Ray and Austin. Total 18.

A south swell hit Laguna early in the week. It calmed down at the end of the week, but there were some good sized waves hitting the beach. Visibility
was good and the water temperature was a little warmer than usual.

I got to the mall and there were two new people joining us. We decided to go to Crescent Bay and dive Deadman's Reef. The visibility is the best in
Laguna. At 7:45 we headed to the mall.

At the dive site, conditions looked good and we suited up. When I got to the beach a large set of waves hit the beach. After waiting, we ran into the
water. A large wave started forming. I had my back against it and came out ok. The next wave came and I went under it. My hood almost came off
because of the force of the wave. I was past the surf zone and it was time to make the long swim.

At the drop down point we waited for the rest of the group to gather. When we were all together we broke into smaller groups and dropped down.
When we dropped down we were real close to the reef. We swam towards it and up and around into the canyons. We stopped at a rock cropping and
Ray saw an eel between the rocks. I held his flash light and he got video of it. The eel wouldn't come out so he had to get his camera close to it.

It was about time to head back and we swam north up and over the reef. When we left the reef we were too west and we were close to the pinnacles.
We headed east until we reached the sand and then back north. We reached the inner reef and swam east some more until we reached the edge. We
headed north the rest of the way.

The waves were calm when we exited the water. No problems getting out. We packed our gear and Rich me the group at Husky Boy's for food and
conversation. I had to leave early so I didn't get to talk to the group after the dive.


Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour