Good morning Divers!!!

Before I begin the dive report, I want to let Jason know that Robin lost your phone number and can't call. Email either Rich or myself and we'll pass along each
other's email address.

Begin Time: 8:51 am
Time: 43 min
Max Dept: 45ft
Temp: 59-62 F
Visibility: 12 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, low tide, small west swell waves, surge, current.
Dive Buddies: Jason. Total 8.

We skipped the dive last week because of high surf & water conditions and this week we got a dive in. Next week looks like rain for the whole week and we'll
probably skip diving next week. This was the first dive of the new year.

Nobody was new at the mall and we had a small turn out of only 8. Visibility was suppose to be good, but we wanted to make sure and head to Crescent Bay and
dive Deadman's Reef. We left for the dive site and checked out the conditions. Some big waves hit the beach so timing was important. We decided to give it a try
and we suited up and headed into the water.

On the way to the drop down point I rolled over and took a look at the bottom. Close to shore looked good, but when we got into deeper water, it went black. Or
was that green? We dropped down and everyone stayed together so we didn't lose anybody. The visibility was only around 12 feet.

We reached the reef and I swam around it taking some videos. There was a lot of particles floating the water and it seemed a bit on the green side. The California
Sheep Head fish greeted us when we swam around the other side. This fish is no longer afraid of divers and are quite curious what we are up to.

We made our way to the pinnacles and then headed back to shore. We had to swim east. We passed by Dead Henge and swam to the inner reef. I followed it
around and then we headed very close to the inner reef all the way back into shore. My computer wanted us to do a safety stop so we stopped in 15 feet of water
and after a few minutes it said we could continue. It didn't take us too long to get to shore and we ascended and got out of the water without any problems.

We packed up our gear and headed to Husky Boy's for food and conversation. Looks like rain for all of next week and we'll be skipping the dive next week if this
storm really does hit.



Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour