Good morning Divers!!!

Begin Time: 9:12 am
Time: 38 min
Max Dept: 49ft
Temp: 63-74 F
Visibility: 12-15 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, high tide, good sized south swell waves, surge, current.
Equipment: Custom wet suit, steel tank, Hollis back plate BCD, Liquid Vision Kaon Dive Computer, Sony Action Cam #2, and Intova light.
Dive Buddies: Max and Nick. Total 10.

Only 1 new person was at the mall. We had a few returnees that haven't dove with us in a long time. We had south swell waves a few days before and this was a
window to dive before they come back next week. Heat wave during the week and the water was warm again. Visibility is about normal, but I noticed the water had
a green tinge to it.

We arrived at the mall a bit early and were greeted by a new guy. With the conditions being bad a few days before, we went to Crescent Bay to dive Deadman's
Reef again. If we had calm conditions all week long, we could have gone to south Laguna because the tide was high.

Everyone made it to the dive site and after checking out the conditions we suited up and swam out to the drop down point. We were a little off and descended a
little too west. I saw Deadhenge to my left and we swam over it and followed it in. The coffin was there at the base. We looked it over and continued on to the reef.

I swam around the reef to the end and came back into the reef. I stopped and took some video. I saw some yellow tail swimming in a school which we saw last year
when the water was warm. The fish were plentiful with large CA sheep head swimming around, checking you out. They are curious at what you are doing and
hoping that you'll find some food for them.

We swam into the canyon and I took some more video and saw a lobster hiding under a rock. One of our divers was signaling that his tank was half empty and it
was time to head back. We swam north up and over the highest points of the reef and then descended back down and swam along the sand. When we reached the
inner reef, we headed east and then back north when we reached the edge. Apparently I swam over a huge ray not seeing but Trevor saw it.

When we were in about 15 feet of water, we ascended and swam the rest of the way back to shore on the surface. A few waves came in but if you waited it out, it
was easy to get out of the water. After packing up our gear, we headed to Husky Boy's for food and conversation.



Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour