Good morning Divers!!!

Begin Time: 8:59 am
Time: 45 min
Max Dept: 51 ft
Temp: 64-68 F
Visibility: 30 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, High move to low tide, waves, surge.
Dive Buddies: Alan and Chuck. Total 12.

It's time for me to get back into the water. I had to skip many weeks because of a broken collar bone and I had plenty of time for it to heal. It was great to get back
into the water and the conditions were excellent. It must be the start of the diving season because the visibility was around 30 feet max. The waves were still
coming in but timing is everything.

I got to the mall to meet up with the group and there was a few new faces and those returning from long ago. We decided to go to Crescent Bay and dive
deadman's to get the best visibility that Laguna Beach has to offer. We jumped into our cars at 7:45 and raced down to the site.

When we arrived, just about all the parking places were gone! There were a few classes there and they were there before us taking all of the good spots. We
checked out the site and it looked good enough. Some big waves hit the beach, but there was a lot of time between them. We suited up and headed down.

When I reached the beach, a set of big waves were finishing so I didn't have long to wait. I walked in and slipped on my fins and started the long swim out. I rolled
over a few times to check out the visibility and it was excellent. I was able to see the bottom being 20 feet away from it. We reached the drop down point and
waited for all to gather. Then we dropped down.

The visibility was excellent and I was able to see everyone descent to the sandy bottom. Enough light came through the water and I was able to see my compass
and then lead the way to the reef. About half way, we came across dead henge and followed it to the reef. At the base, was the coffin and I pointed it out to the
group so they could see it.

I swam east and along the reef staying around 40 feet. We reached the end of the reef and then continued following it to the back side. Here the visibility dropped
down a bit. Maybe 20-25 feet. We swam along and into he canyons checking out the rock formation and the fish. There weren't too many fish, but there were
enough to keep you interested. We swam into 2 more canyons and looking at my dive computer, I noticed it was about 20 minutes into the dive. I decided to head

We left the reef and swam north until we hit the inner reef. Inside of swimming at the edge of it, I went into he reef to see the sites. Most of the CA sheep head are
here and they are friendly. I lead the way to exit the inner reef and swim along side of it back to the shore.

We came across the class and they were kicking up sand and tons of bubbles were coming out of their mouths! We went quickly by and then took our time to swim
the remainder under water. When we reached about 10 feet of depth, I went ahead and surfaced. We weren't too far from the shore and we timed it so no big
waves would hit us.

After packing up, we went to Husky Boy's for food and conversation. It was an excellent day of diving and I'm really happy to be back in the water. It might be the
diving season has arrived.


Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour