Good morning Divers!!!
Begin Time: 8:55 am
Time: 44 min
Max Dept: 39 ft
Temp: 54 - 56 F
Visibility: 15-20 feet
Conditions: Salt water, shore dive, mid tide moving to low, waves, surge, current.
Equipment: Custom wet suit #2, steel tank, Hollis back plate BCD, Liquid Vision Kaon Dive Computer.
Dive Buddies: . Total 15.

Equipment Configuration:
Custom wet suit with Steel 80
Weight pockets on BCD: (2x5) + (2x2) + (2x1) = 16
Back plate attached to BCD: 8
Total weight: 24

The day before we had high winds and that was suppose to kick up the surf, but it didn't. Today the wind was calm and the waves were medium sized. Not small but not too big. The water was cold and the visibility was good.

Rich and I arrived at the mall and met up with the divers. The group was very small but the regulars came late and when we left there were 15 of us. I decided on Heisler Park and we took off at 7:45.

The conditions at Heisler were good. The surf wasn't big, the water was calm, and the wind was normal. We decided to go and we suited up.

I didn't want to swim out there like the group usually does but the some of the regulars were on a mission to find the reef that is way out there. So the group broke up into 2 and we descended while the others kept swimming out.

We descended on the reef and the visibility was around 20 feet. The water felt cold. Once we were all down, we headed east and then south. This was one of those times that I wanted to swim fast to generate body heat, but I kept it "slow" so I wouldn't lose the group. Quotes around slow, because I still got complaints that I was going too slow.

We swam around the reefs and started to head back when I reached 1500 psi in my tank. I did notice the CA Sheep Heads weren't colored correctly. They had their black bodies and white chins, but where the orange was suppose to be, it was brown. There was a large group of them colored like that.

Wnen we were getting close to shore, I was too far east and we were close to the reef that goes all the way to shore. We surfaced and swam up the beach to stay away from the rocks. With the tide moving low, those rocks were breaking the surface. Everyone got out without any problems.

We headed to Husky Boy's for food and conversation after packing up our gear. We compared notes and all complained about the cold. I believe the water temp dropped 5 degrees from the last time and it was very noticeable. The other half of the group didn't find that reef. They explored the area and only saw sand. It was a good dive except for the cold but we'll have to get used to it.

Diving!! DO IT!! Safely...

Rich Parker & Louis Umphenour